1. Labour MP Glenda Jackson attacked Iain Duncan Smith earlier this week, claiming he has destroyed the welfare state.
2. In her speech, she said Iain Duncan Smith was responsible for the “destruction of the welfare state and the total and utter incompetence of his department”.
3. She said: “At some point I’m pretty certain he would like to be able to claim that can walk on water – he can’t.”
5. She became an idol for thousands overnight.
8. And she even started to garner support from people who don’t even support the party.
10. Someone suggested that Ed Miliband should promote Jackson to the front bench.
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- Turkey hopes to ease tensions with Russia after it shot down a Russian warplane earlier this week. The countries have differing accounts of the incident. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›