1. Labour MP Glenda Jackson attacked Iain Duncan Smith earlier this week, claiming he has destroyed the welfare state.
BBC Parliament / Via youtube.com
2. In her speech, she said Iain Duncan Smith was responsible for the “destruction of the welfare state and the total and utter incompetence of his department”.
3. She said: “At some point I’m pretty certain he would like to be able to claim that can walk on water – he can’t.”
5. She became an idol for thousands overnight.
8. And she even started to garner support from people who don’t even support the party.
10. Someone suggested that Ed Miliband should promote Jackson to the front bench.
Siraj Datoo is a political reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in London.
Contact Siraj Datoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In The News Today
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›