2. Double Chocolate Brownies
Brownies are easy to lighten up, because chocolate will cover a multitude of tweaks (even whole wheat flour and yogurt). Get the recipe.
3. Healthy Spinach and Ricotta Pizza
Homemade pizza will always be way better for you than Domino’s, but you can help it be the most better for you by adding whole wheat flour to the crust and using plenty of veggies. Get the recipe.
5. Shepherd’s Pie with Healthier Mashed Potatoes
Subbing cauliflower for half the potatoes slashes carbs and calories without being any less delicious. Get the recipe.
6. Three-Cheese Macaroni and Cheese
Secret Cauliflower saves the day. Get the recipe.
7. Chicken Pot Pie with Green Beans and Squash
Plenty of veggies and a cute pastry hat served separately. Get the recipe.
8. Spicy Chipotle Cheeseburgers
Spicy, smoky chipotle chiles make up any flavor extra-lean beef might lack. Get the recipe.
9. Healthier Meat Lasagna
Just don’t tell Garfield. Get the recipe.
10. Greek Yogurt Blueberry Pancakes
Definitely an excuse to eat pancakes every day of the week. Get the recipe.
12. Low-Fat New England Clam Chowder
Broth made with stock and fat-free half-and-half is lighter but still creamy. Get the recipe.
13. Vegetable Meat Loaf with Balsamic Glaze
Don’t worry, there’s turkey in there too. Get the recipe.
15. Vegetarian Brown Ale Chili with Winter Squash
Between the beer, the spices, and the beans, you’re definitely not going to miss the meat. Get the recipe.
16. Baked Garlic Fries
With all the added flavor, you aren’t likely to miss the extra oil. Get the recipe.
18. Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
Stick with whole wheat pasta for more fiber and filling power. Get the recipe.
19. Crispy Baked “Fried” Chicken
This chicken is a heck of a lot lighter than it would be after taking a hot oil bath, and equally crispy-crunchy. Get the recipe.
20. Greek Yogurt Chocolate Chip Cookies
Crispy on the edges and soft in the middle, just like they should be. Get the recipe.
21. Hot Artichoke-Spinach Dip
Use low-fat cream cheese and cannellini beans to dial down the saturated fat in everyone favorite vat-o-cheese. Get the recipe.
23. Baked Beer-Battered Onion Rings
These onions are making me cry…with JOY. Get the recipe.
25. Lighter Chicken and Biscuits
Bechamel sauce is everybody’s best friend. Get the recipe.
26. Healthy Fettucine Alfredo
Secret Cauliflower strikes again! Get the recipe.
27. Healthier Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Applesauce is a secret weapon in making baking recipes healthier. Get the recipe.
28. Alton Brown’s Buffalo Wings
Steam and then bake for super-tender texture without getting out the deep fryer. Get the recipe.
29. Healthified Boxed Mac ‘N’ Cheese
OK, this is obviously cheating. BUT: An entire box of Kraft is the ur-comfort food, and you can feel less terrible about eating it if you swap butter for yogurt or cottage cheese, and throw in a few veggies. Get the recipe.
More healthy eating ideas on BuzzFeed:
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›