2. Use the flesh you scooped out for the keg to make boozy punch.
You can fill your keg with whatever you want, but you might as well use the flesh that you’ve scooped out to make something delicious and summery.
Recipe: Spiked Watermelon Punch
3. Hollow out watermelon balls and fill them with watermelon margarita shots.
What to do with any extra flesh you’ve scooped out to make a watermelon keg? Make shot glasses out of melon balls!
Recipe and instructions: Watermelon Shooters with Watermelon Margaritas
4. Scoop out half of a watermelon for vegan watermelon frosties.
Virgin and perfectly sweet.
Recipe: Watermelon Frosty
5. Think outside the watermelon, and drink out of a cantaloupe.
Super sweet, super simple.
Recipe and instructions: Cantaloupe Juice
6. Make a pineapple cup with a knife and an ice cream scoop.
7. Fill your pineapple cup with a super fancy piña colada.
8. Or, use it to make a very strong drink look fruity and innocent.
Adding “a few glugs of coconut rum” can mean whatever you want it to mean.
Recipe: Pineapple Paradise
Also, if you want something truly killer, this Tiger Shark drink is 60% booze, and part of that is overproof rum.
9. If you really want to go nuts, fill your pineapple with something blue.
Cocktail umbrella required.
Recipe Twisted Blue Hawaiian Smoothie.
10. Put the Lime in the Coconut.
No, seriously, that’s the name of the drink.
Recipe: Put The Lime In The Coconut
11. Mask huge quantities of rum with creamy coconut milk, then serve the cocktail in a coconut shell.
A rum-filled smoothie that’s sweet, creamy, and very coconut-y. Recipe here
12. Fill a coconut with a blend of avocado and coconut water for a healthy post-work out drink.
Honestly, this sounds gross and weird. But apparently it’s good for you and, I mean, people really seem to care about that these days.
Recipe: Avocado Coconut Drink
13. Make really great gimlets in cucumber shot glasses.
Yes, a cucumber is techinically a fruit. And yes, if it were a vegetable I would have included these anyway.
Recipe and instructions: Cucumber Gimlet Shots
14. Come fall (or on a rainy day), apples make great cups for cider.
15. Serve teeny tiny Bloody Marys inside cherry tomatoes.
The only problem is that you’ll need at least six. Which really isn’t a problem at all.
Recipe and instructions: Cherry Tomato Bloody Mary Shooters
16. Take advantage of fresh apricots with these shots in ‘cots.
What’s better than a perfectly ripe apricot? A perfectly ripe apricot filled with booze.
Recipe and instructions: Shots in ‘Cots
17. Make chocolate covered strawberries even better with booze.
Because there are many ways to stuff a strawberry, but fruit, booze and chocolate is the holiest trinity.
Recipe and instructions: Chocolate Covered Strawberry Shots
18. And, when in doubt, just make Jell-O shots.
Recipe and instructions: Orange Creamsicle Jell-O Shots
19. Fill apples with butterscotch schnapps-flavored Jell-O for extreme deliciousness.
After you slice these, you need to consume them quickly to prevent the apples from browning. Shouldn’t be a problem.
Recipe and instructions: Caramel Apple Jell-O Shots
20. Limes and red Jell-O make for perfect mini watermelon shots.
Bonus points if you sprinkle them with black sea salt.
Recipe and instructions: Watermelon Margarita Jell-O Shots