1. There are more people on Facebook than there are books in the world.
2. There are more politicians in the US than there are pandas on earth.
3. Lindsay Lohan has been seen in court more than Amy Poehler has been seen in movies.
4. Kim Kardashian is worth more than Neil Degrasse Tyson, President Obama, Louis CK, and Zach Galifianakis combined.
Stats via Celebrity Net Worth.
5. More people watched “CSI Las Vegas” than watched the Mars landing.
6. In America, there are more gun owners than cat owners
7. In 2012, Americans wasted $180 Billion worth of food. That’s enough money to buy Greenland.
Stat via BusinessWeek.
8. If “Homeless People” was a country, it would be the 12th biggest in the world…roughly the size of Mexico
Stat via Boston.com
9. Absolutely everything about this video.
Welp. See ya out there.
- The Dutch Safety Board has released a final report of its investigation into why Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17 broke up over Ukraine in 2014. ›
- Condé Nast has acquired Pitchfork, the independent music website and magazine, for an undisclosed amount.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed to in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›