1. There are more people on Facebook than there are books in the world.
2. There are more politicians in the US than there are pandas on earth.
3. Lindsay Lohan has been seen in court more than Amy Poehler has been seen in movies.
4. Kim Kardashian is worth more than Neil Degrasse Tyson, President Obama, Louis CK, and Zach Galifianakis combined.
Stats via Celebrity Net Worth.
5. More people watched “CSI Las Vegas” than watched the Mars landing.
6. In America, there are more gun owners than cat owners
7. In 2012, Americans wasted $180 Billion worth of food. That’s enough money to buy Greenland.
Stat via BusinessWeek.
8. If “Homeless People” was a country, it would be the 12th biggest in the world…roughly the size of Mexico
Stat via Boston.com
9. Absolutely everything about this video.
Welp. See ya out there.
- [Florida is bracing for tropical storm Erika, which is expected to hit the stat on Monday after tearing through Caribbean islands. At least 20 people have been killed. ›] (http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/at-least-5-people-are-missing-after-tropical-storm-erika-thr)
- And on the same day 10 years later, former U.S. President George W. Bush toured New Orleans on the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›