1. There are more people on Facebook than there are books in the world.
2. There are more politicians in the US than there are pandas on earth.
3. Lindsay Lohan has been seen in court more than Amy Poehler has been seen in movies.
4. Kim Kardashian is worth more than Neil Degrasse Tyson, President Obama, Louis CK, and Zach Galifianakis combined.
Stats via Celebrity Net Worth.
5. More people watched “CSI Las Vegas” than watched the Mars landing.
6. In America, there are more gun owners than cat owners
7. In 2012, Americans wasted $180 Billion worth of food. That’s enough money to buy Greenland.
Stat via BusinessWeek.
8. If “Homeless People” was a country, it would be the 12th biggest in the world…roughly the size of Mexico
Stat via Boston.com
9. Absolutely everything about this video.
Welp. See ya out there.
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015 . ›