SPAM gets a bad rap from most mainland Americans (some of whom haven’t even tried it) but for those of us who can overlook its unsexy presentation, the super salty and extra savory meat is actually the foods of the gods. SPAM may not be the most refined or sophisticated eat, but here are some simple and creative recipes that might change your mind about the processed protein.
1. Slathered with sriracha mayo and snuggled between two English muffins.
AKA A “Hot Hawaiian Burger.” Recipe here.
3. Or taken to Flavor Town with kimchi and an egg on top.
4. Enveloped in a jalapeño quesadilla with tons of melted cheese.
Celebrity chef Roy Choi’s special recipe here.
5. Served in a nice, clean taco.
Spam itself is flavorful enough that you’ll only need to garnish the tacos with a little bit of onions and cilantro. Recipe here.
9. Nestled between swiss, sauerkraut and rye in a hot Reuben.
10. Diced and fried into itty bitty cubes in a spaghetti carbonara.
11. On a glazed donut (if you just DGAF).
Fried spam, ‘Merican cheese, glazed donut. Recipe here.
12. Dunked in a steamy and savory soup of gourmet ramen.
Similar recipe here.
14. Or rolled into sunny crescents (spammies in a blanket!).
19. Substituted for boring ham on a Hawaiian pizza.
20. And for the real lovers, bypass all the frou-frou and bring it back to basics: spam and rice.
Keep it simple. Keep it OG.