I'm all for @theonion calling out Brown for abusiveness, but using Rihanna's imagined death as fodder is awful theonion.com/articles/heartâ¦" target="_blank">http://t.co/77i5Qxlj2x">theonion.com/articles/heartâ¦
1. This afternoon The Onion published a piece that instantly ignited a storm of controversy.
2. The piece graphically describes Chris Brown being heartbroken about not being able to beat Rihanna to death:
“Despite all the ups and downs, I was so sure Rihanna was the one I’d take by the throat one day and fatally assault, and even toward the end I continued to hold out hope that we’d be together until the day she died at my hands from blunt-force trauma,” Brown, 24, said in a radio interview this week.
3. The Onion has never been kind to Chris Brown, at one point suggesting he kill himself.
4. But the issue many are having though is with The Onion’s decision to focus the article entirely on Chris Brown beating Rihanna to death.
8. Feminist blog Make Me A Sammich, whose tweet is embedded above, thought the Chris Brown article is tied to a larger editorial misogyny.
Or at least, one can hope, because these assholes obviously haven’t learned anything.
Hey, The Onion? Violence against women isn’t funny. It wasn’t funny at the Oscars, and it isn’t funny now. It’s time for you to sit the fuck down and take a time out. Forever.
Beyond that, I have far too much rage to form words right now. More later.