1. Cornflake Crusted Grilled Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
For whatever night this week that you just can’t anymore. Get the recipe.
2. Beef and Shishito Pepper Skewers with Sichuan Salt
Grind up some salt, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, and cumin seeds (that’s the “Sichuan salt,” and you can sub black peppercorns for Sichuan peppercorns if you need to). Sprinkle it onto skewers of beef and shishito peppers, then grill. Get the recipe.
3. Zucchini Pizza With Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Pesto
4. Healthy Vegan Creamy Corn Soup With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This old Gourmet recipe is interesting because it gets its creaminess from oatmeal that are pureed into the soup. Super healthy, looks delicious. Serve with a big, simple green salad for a light dinner — and maybe crusty bread if you’re not trying to eat too light.
5. Watermelon, Feta, Basil, and Pistachio Salad
6. Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet
Requires some planning because the shrimp is marinated in olive oil, Parmesan, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes — but not for long. Then you just toss with cooked pasta and cheese. Get the recipe.
7. Soy-Marinated Tuna
This recipe sounds very cool and insanely easy but definitely requires access to Asian ingredients. You dip sliced tuna in boiling water for 5 seconds and THEN marinate it in soy sauce, sake, and mirin for 30 mins. That’s basically it, except the garnishes are kind of fancy but very exciting — sliced shiso, nori, pickled ginger, and a thinly sliced cook omelet, and wasabi. Get the recipe.
We've got your WKND covered.
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.