1. Cornflake Crusted Grilled Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
For whatever night this week that you just can’t anymore. Get the recipe.
2. Beef and Shishito Pepper Skewers with Sichuan Salt
Grind up some salt, peppercorns, red pepper flakes, and cumin seeds (that’s the “Sichuan salt,” and you can sub black peppercorns for Sichuan peppercorns if you need to). Sprinkle it onto skewers of beef and shishito peppers, then grill. Get the recipe.
3. Zucchini Pizza With Fresh Mozzarella and Basil Pesto
4. Healthy Vegan Creamy Corn Soup With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
This old Gourmet recipe is interesting because it gets its creaminess from oatmeal that are pureed into the soup. Super healthy, looks delicious. Serve with a big, simple green salad for a light dinner — and maybe crusty bread if you’re not trying to eat too light.
5. Watermelon, Feta, Basil, and Pistachio Salad
6. Spicy Parmesan Shrimp Skillet
Requires some planning because the shrimp is marinated in olive oil, Parmesan, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and red pepper flakes — but not for long. Then you just toss with cooked pasta and cheese. Get the recipe.
7. Soy-Marinated Tuna
This recipe sounds very cool and insanely easy but definitely requires access to Asian ingredients. You dip sliced tuna in boiling water for 5 seconds and THEN marinate it in soy sauce, sake, and mirin for 30 mins. That’s basically it, except the garnishes are kind of fancy but very exciting — sliced shiso, nori, pickled ginger, and a thinly sliced cook omelet, and wasabi. Get the recipe.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan called the hospital bombing that killed 22 people "a mistake." ›
- Historic flooding has killed 16 people in South Carolina, where rain finally stopped falling on Tuesday. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›