1. Provide instructions.
Great Bloody Mary bar ideas here.
4. Make cucumber-basil and tomato-chili ice cubes.
6. Choose Old Bay-flavored pickles instead of plain old dill.
8. Use pickled watermelon cucumbers.
10. Make these adorable cucumber swirl garnishes.
Make long cucumber ribbons sing a super sharp knife or a mandoline. Trim them down if they’re too long or too wide, then wrap each ribbon around an olive and skewer with a toothpick.
13. Make fancy cheese-and-basil skewers.
Or, use mozzarella cheese and you have drinkable caprese! Recipe here.
14. Go sweet and spicy with candied jalapenos.
Really, really good in a bloody mary OR a margarita. Get them here.
15. Put a piece of bacon in it.
16. Make your own Worcestershire sauce.
17. Garnish with smoked paprika-flavored pickled okra.
20. Garnish with bacon-wrapped asparagus.
21. Mix in some some roasted strawberry puree.
22. Round things out with a hardboiled egg.
If you want to take things a step further, you can pickle your hardboiled eggs. Learn how here.
23. Pre-squeeze lemon and lime juice and set it out in small pitchers or squeeze bottles.
26. Add a smoked chubb garnish.
Not for the faint of heart.
27. Break out your blender for frozen Bloody Marys.
28. Make it with aquavit and garnish with dill.
29. Serve it as an aspic.
Spoons required. Recipe here.
31. Use freshly grated horseradish.
It has much more of a kick than the pre-grated, jarred kind.
32. Add habanero-stuffed olives.
Would go really well with the aforementioned Sriracha salt. Get them here.
- Russia won't "wage war" against Turkey after the shooting down of a Russian warplane yesterday, its foreign minister said. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›