1. Add sauteed spinach or kale to an open-face egg sandwich.
2. Pack lemony rainbow chard into an egg white frittata.
3. Tuck a bunch of asparagus, leeks, and roasted tomatoes into a quiche.
4. Blend finely chopped broccoli and cauliflower into a quiche with a gluten-free crust.
Veggie quiche tartlet: gluten-free crust, goat cheese, broccoli, purple cauliflower, arugula, pistachios, and olive oil. Get the recipe.
5. Dress hearty greens with vinaigrette and top with a poached egg and Parmesan.
Add herbs, too! Get the recipe.
6. Make a quinoa, veggie, and egg white scramble.
With sauteed peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and asparagus. Get the recipe.
7. Or try this protein-packed scramble that combines veggies with one egg, three egg whites, and tofu.
8. Bake carrots and chard with millet, quinoa, or brown rice.
9. Make a veggie-loaded avocado and white bean salad and pile it on whole-grain toast.
10. Mix kale into a sweet potato hash and top with a sunny-side-up egg.
11. Or make a Brussels sprouts and sweet potato hash…
12. …or a beet and potato hash…
13. …or asparagus and potato hash.
Spring Asparagus Pancetta Hash. Get the recipe.
14. This one adds quinoa to the hash with beets, sweet potatoes, and leeks.
15. Make mini frittatas with spinach and sun-dried tomatoes for a healthy breakfast to go.
16. Mix mushrooms, kale, tomato, and chia seeds into a buckwheat breakfast bake.
17. Or make this dairy-free buckwheat breakfast bake with kale and zucchini.
18. Blend rainbow chard with flax, chia, and carob for a superhero’s breakfast smoothie.
No dairy. Get the recipe.
19. Or try this less intense version with spinach, peanut butter, and a little cocoa powder.
Still dairy free. Get the recipe.
20. Make a carrot-mango smoothie.
21. Also: Kale, carrots, beets, celery, parsley, and lots of fruits and ginger to make it all taste delicious.
Pictured left to right: Energy Shake (light green) with orange juice, banana, kale, kiwi, and dates; Veggie Detox (red) with beets, carrots, and celery; Parsley, Kale, and Berry Smoothie (dark green).
22. Spread radishes and lemony radish leaves onto a slice of pumpernickel bread.
This one isn’t a ton of your daily vegetables, but it does taste delicious. Get the recipe.
24. Poach eggs in a yellow tomato sauce over sweet, caramelized cauliflower steaks.
Recipe by Heidi Swanson for Food and Wine.
25. Make breakfast miso soup with vegetables and chickpeas.
26. Cook quinoa with a poached egg, spinach, and cucumber.
27. Or bake spinach into quinoa bars that can be made ahead and served room temp or reheated.
28. Mix watercress into your scrambled eggs.
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- Frank Gifford's family says the NFL star had CTE, the degenerative brain disease linked to football. He died in August. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›