1. The first official pictures of the Cambridge family were released Monday. In a break from tradition, the royal couple decided against a formal photoshoot and released pictures from their personal family photo album.
2. The pictures were taken earlier this month in the garden of the Middletons’ family home in Bucklebury, west of London, where the young couple stayed after their son’s birth. Kate’s father Michael Middleton snapped the images.
3. This is the first time the young heir to the British throne has been photographed since he was brought home from the hospital on July 23, one day after he was born.
- The CIA has officially—but very quietly—admitted that some allegations about its torture program were true.
- The U.S. government is suing Ferguson, Missouri, after the city tried to change a negotiated police reform settlement.
- New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has dropped out of the 2016 Republican presidential race after poor results in New Hampshire 🇺🇸