1. The first official pictures of the Cambridge family were released Monday. In a break from tradition, the royal couple decided against a formal photoshoot and released pictures from their personal family photo album.
2. The pictures were taken earlier this month in the garden of the Middletons’ family home in Bucklebury, west of London, where the young couple stayed after their son’s birth. Kate’s father Michael Middleton snapped the images.
3. This is the first time the young heir to the British throne has been photographed since he was brought home from the hospital on July 23, one day after he was born.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›