Prince William: For me, Catherine, and now little George are my priorities… and [pet cocker spaniel] Lupo.
2. When he talked about how he and Kate felt introducing Prince George to the world.
Prince William: I think I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him. As any new parent knows, you’re only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything… It’s nice that people want to see George, so, you know — I’m just glad he wasn’t screaming his head off the whole way through (laughing).
3. When he described his son as a “wriggly rascal.”
Prince William: He’s a little bit of a rascal, put it that way. So he either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger. I’m not sure. But, he’s doing very well at the moment… He’s growing quite quickly actually. He’s a little fighter. He kind of, he wriggles around quite a lot. And he doesn’t want to go to sleep that much, which is a little bit of a problem.
CNN: That moment when you came out with the car seat… Fathers around the planet will be cursing you for doing it so easily.
Prince William: (laughing) Believe me, it wasn’t my first time. And I know there’s been speculation about that. I had to practice, I really did. I was terrified that I was going to do some, you know, it was going to fall off or the door wasn’t going to close properly. So, I had actually practiced with that seat, but only once before.
5. When he confirmed that he changed his son’s first diaper.
CNN: Did you do the first nappy?
Prince William: I did the first nappy, yeah.
CNN:: A badge of honor.
Prince William: A badge of honor, exactly. I wasn’t allowed to get away with that. I had every midwife staring at me, going “You do it. You do it”.
6. When he talked about driving his wife and newborn son home from the hospital.
Prince William: I very much feel if I can do it myself I want to do it myself. And there are times when you can’t do it yourself and the system takes over or it’s appropriate to do things differently. But, I think driving your son and your wife away from, from hospital was really important to me. And I don’t like fuss so it’s much easier to just do it yourself.
CNN: And you didn’t stall [the car].
Prince William: I didn’t stall, well it’s an automatic so it’s all right.
Prince William: I’m just doing it the way I know how. You know, if it’s the right way then brilliant, if it’s not, if it’s the wrong way then I’ll try to do it better.
8. When he talked about how his wife was doing as a new mother.
CNN: So you’re up at night, you’re pretty tired.
Prince William: A little bit. Not as much as Catherine. But, um, you know, she’s doing a fantastic job.
CNN: How is she? Okay?
Prince William: Yes, very well, yeah.
9. When he talked about his son’s Africa-themed nursery.
Prince William: I’ll have toy elephants and rhinos around the room. We’ll cover it in sort of, you know, lots of bushes and things like that. Make him grow up as if he’s in the bush.
10. When he talked about how Lupo, the family’s pet cocker spaniel, was adjusting to the new baby.
Prince William: He’s coping all right, actually. As a lot of people know who have got dogs and bringing a newborn back, they take a little bit of time to adapt, but, no he’s been all right so far. He’s been slobbering sort of around the house a bit, so he’s perfectly happy.
CNN: And how are you about going back to work?
Prince William: Well, as a few fathers might know, I’m actually quite looking forward to going back to work (laughs).
CNN: Get some sleep.
Prince William: Get some sleep. Exactly, yeah. So I’m just hoping the first few shifts I go back I don’t have any night jobs.
12. When he talked about how fatherhood had already changed him.
Prince William: I think the last few weeks for me have been just a very different emotional experience. Something I never thought I would feel myself. And I find, again it’s only been a short period, but a lot of things affect me differently now.
- Illegal immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
- President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.