Which Pundits Stood With Rand Paul?

Rand Paul’s filibuster made for strange bedfellows in the punditocracy. Here’s a breakdown ranked from most supportive of Rand to least.

Glenn Beck

ID: 965208

“Rand Paul is standing for Americans & the Constitution, not self-interest. Regardless of party, all should be thankful.”

ID: 965213

Mark Levin

ID: 964601

“The future is the man on the senate floor leading a filibuster.”

ID: 964602

Rush Limbaugh

ID: 964669

“Meanwhile the Republican establishment is out playing footsie with Obama at a restaurant. … This illustrates the contrast between the new stars of the Republican party and yesterday’s mashed potatoes.”

ID: 964675

Laura Ingraham

ID: 964589

“I’ve been on cloud nine. It was great day for this country.” “But where were the Republicans that didn’t show up and where were the Democrats that were so afraid of Obama that they didn’t show up?”

ID: 964591

Sean Hannity

ID: 964540

“I commend the senator for having the courage to stand up and do the right thing. Until we get answers, John Brennan does not belong near Langley.”

ID: 964541

Piers Morgan

ID: 965297

“I feel like I’m totally on Rand Paul’s side for what he’s doing. I’m not necessarily agreeing. What he’s doing is democracy at its best and he’s a courageous politician making a stand.”

ID: 965287

Cenk Uygur

ID: 964608

“Courageous effort by Rand Paul today. He made believers out of some people and shined a light into the darkness.”

“Just because I disagree with Rand Paul on 90% of issues, does that mean I have to disagree with him on the other 10%? To spite him?”

ID: 964612

Jon Stewart

ID: 964449

“Drone oversight is … certainly worth kicking up a fuss for.”

ID: 964451

Chris Hayes

ID: 964495

Joe Scarborough

ID: 964461

“Whether you’re a liberal or conservative watching Rand Paul, I think you had to kind of admire the guy for really going out there and fighting for what he believed in.”

ID: 964463

Rachel Maddow

ID: 964525

“There is something important about the United States congress finding its footing and wanting to assert its role, its oversight role in where and why and how our country wages war.” “Despite its craven partisanship and Rand Paul’s frequent and gratuitous Hitler references, because Rand Paul cannot help himself, congress demanding to play its part in matters of war is, in broad strokes, the way congress is supposed to work.”

ID: 964528

Fox And Friends

ID: 964436

Steve Doocey: “So many people across the country felt what he was doing was a real public service because he was saying essentially, ‘Hey, did you know this administration says they can kill Americans on American soil without due process?’”

Gretchen Carlson: “It is an interesting discussion, but I don’t know if it is quite so black and white.”

Brian Kilmeade: “If al-Awlaki is sitting in a restaurant and we know he is as vile as bin Laden — and possibly more cunning — and he turns up in disguise, and for some reason he walks out and…we can’t get a direct shot at him, we can shoot him out of the sky…I want my president to have the ability to do that.”

ID: 964438

Greg Gutfeld

ID: 964694

“I love that he is fighting drones with drones. He is just going to drone for hours and hours. Genius. By the way, I think his name should go from Rand Paul to Rand perm.”

ID: 964689

“Rand Paul still talking, just crossed eight hours. And breaking news is he’s holding a blue pen.”

ID: 964700

The Wall Street Journal

ID: 965153

“Calm down, Senator. Mr. Holder is right, even if he doesn’t explain the law very well.”

ID: 965155

Lawrence O’Donnell

ID: 964640

“Even Rand Paul knows that what he is doing is just a stunt.”

ID: 964641

Bill O’Reilly

ID: 964560

O’Reilly did not mention Paul’s filibuster even though it was happening during his 8 p.m. Fox News show.

ID: 964561

Check out more articles on BuzzFeed.com!

Senior Writer
Contact Dorsey Shaw at dorsey@buzzfeed.com.
Reporting politics for BuzzFeed.
Contact CJ Lotz at cj.lotz+done@buzzfeed.com.

More News

More News

Now Buzzing