1. MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow got her first broadcasting job by winning a contest to be the sidekick of WRNX morning DJ and former Reagan campaign pianist Dave Brinnel.
3. Fox News host Greg Gutfeld used to blog at Huffington Post back in the day. His bio was like whoa.
4. Ultraconservative Ann Coulter is a big fan of super liberal MSNBC host Chris Hayes.
5. Speaking of Bachmann, the congresswoman was Fox News host Gretchen Carlson’s babysitter.
Here they are during what Bachmann called her “Cher period.”
6. CNN anchor Ashleigh Banfield was once groomed to be MSNBC’s next (first?) big star, and in 2001 the network launched an ad campaign that labeled her “The One.” Things did not work out.
8. MSNBC’s Rev. Al Sharpton had a different approach to progressivism in the ’80s.
9. Fox News host Tucker Carlson is the adopted son of the heiress to the Swanson food-conglomerate fortune, Patricia Caroline Swanson.
10. S.E. Cupp used to trash her new Crossfire cohost Van Jones relentlessly for being a “9/11 Truther” back when he was Obama’s pick for Green Jobs Czar. Awwwkwaaaarrrd.
“I’m sure there are plenty of guys who spent a little time in jail, get out, and have these wacky anti-government, anti-cops, racist, conspiratorial theories, but usually they don’t end up with a job in the White House. Usually we don’t give them a prominent place on the stage of American politics. It’s shameful.” — S.E. Cupp on Fox News’ Hannity in 2009
12. Hillary Clinton thinks that Matthews is obsessed with her.
13. Fox News host Bill O’Reilly knew Billy Joel in high school and thought he was a hoodlum.
“Billy Joel was in my neighborhood, and he was in the Hicksville — the same age as me — and he was a hood. He used to slick it [his hair] back like this. And we knew him, because his guys would smoke and this and that, and we were more jocks.” — Bill O’Reilly