WHAT’S IN SEASON:
(This will vary depending on time of the month and where you live)
1. Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
2. Peanut Butter Cup S’moreo Bars
And, the s’moreo is born. Recipe here.
3. Parmesan Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
I’m on board with anything that involves baked parmesan. Recipe here.
5. Cornmeal Crepes with Figs and Pears
A reason to wake up in time for breakfast. Recipe here.
7. Brownie Pie
The hybrid dessert craze is in full swing, and I’m okay with it. Recipe here.
8. Deep Dish Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Best thing about September? Eggplants and tomatoes still abound, and bikini season is a whole nine months away. Recipe here.
9. Yogurt-Marinated Lamb Skewers
The perfect way to close out grilling season. Recipe here.
10. Peanut Butter and Jelly Popcorn
The easiest, most delicious thing you’ve never made. Recipe here.
11. End of Summer Ratatouille
The easiest ratatouille you will ever make. Recipe here.
12. Honey Apple Cake
Whether you celebrate Rosh Hashanah or not, this cake is unbeatable in its simplicity. Recipe here.
14. Pork and Plums
Single pan cooking doesn’t get much prettier than this. Recipe here.
15. Feta Cheese, Arugula, and Poached Egg Open Sandwich
16. Concord Grape Jam
17. Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
Healthier than the regular kind? Maybe. Recipe here.
18. Bananas Foster
Seasons come and go, but overripe bananas seem to be a never ending problem. Recipe here.
19. Spiced Okra
Anice alternative to the battered and deep-fried classic. Recipe here.
20. Maple Fig Wheat Berry Oatmeal
Because it’s just about time for hot breakfasts again. Recipe here.
21. Cherry Tomato, Prosciutto, and Ricotta Fritatta
22. Parchment Poached Salmon Pouches
24. Whole Wheat Chocolate Fudge Zucchini Snack Cake with Candied Pistachios
Whole wheat? Nuts? Vegetables!? Definitely passable as a breakfast food. Recipe here.
27. Goat Cheesekake with Figs, Pecans, and Honey
So perfect you almost don’t even want to cut into it. Recipe here.
28. Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
You’ll never be the same after this. Recipe here.
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.
- Greek Finance Minister Yanis Varoufakis has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. defeated Japan 5-2 in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup. It was the highest scoring final in the history of the tournament ⚽️