1. Good Morning America asked BuzzFeed Food editors to come up with nine original recipes for food mashups, then debut them on air over the course of three days, and let viewers pick the best.
We were like, “Does this mean we get to be on TV?” and they were like, “Yes,” and so we were like, “Then we will humbly and awkwardly attempt to create the next Cronut.”
2. We spent weeks brainstorming ideas, then testing and photographing them in the BuzzFeed Test Kitchen.
Here is Christine with some bacon, as she does.
3. Here’s how it all went down.
5. Breakfast Lasagna Benedict (Runner Up)
Everything you love about brunch, tucked between layers of pasta. Recipe here.
6. Coffee Crumb Cake French Toast (Runner Up)
Mornings are hard. French toast made out of cake will help. Recipe here.
7. Bacon, Egg and Cheese Wafflebrown Sandwich (THE WINNER of Day 1!)
The bun is made of hashbrowns cooked like waffles. There is also bacon, egg, and cheese involved, obviously. Recipe here.
9. 7-Layer Potaco Salad (Runner Up)
Potato salad can get a little boring. Adding six layers of magic really jazzes things up.
10. Chili Mac ‘n Cheese Fries (Runner Up)
Are you drunk right now? OR: Do you want to feel like you’re drunk without actually going to the trouble? In either case, these chili mac ‘n cheese fries are HERE for you. Recipe here.
11. Pimento Cheeseburger Corndog (THE WINNER of Day 2!)
A burger patty stuffed with pimento cheese, shaped like a hot dog, then battered and fried like a corn dog with all that gorgeously puffy, bready state fair magic. Recipe here.
13. Salty Pretzel S’moresicle (Runner Up)
Ice cream. Toasted marshmallows. Chocolate. Graham crackers. Pretzels. Eternal salty-sweet happiness.
14. Banana Pudding Cannoli A.K.A. “Bannoli” (Runner Up)
A fried shell lined with sweet banana slices and filled with wafer crumb-studded, banana pudding. The bannoli will change you, and that change will be for the better. Recipe here.
15. Blueberry Pie Tacos (THE WINNER of Day 3!)
16. In the end, the PImento Cheeseburger Corn Dog was crowned champion of the whole tournament.
17. (Which it deserved, because it is a pimento cheese-stuffed burger fried into a corn dog.)
Here’s the recipe.
18. Emily celebrated her win.
19. Rachel and Christine watched, heartbroken.
- Turkey's military released an audio recording of what it says were warnings to the Russian warplane before it was downed near Syria's border. ›
- Protesters marched in Chicago for the second night in a row after the release of a video showing the police shooting of black teen Laquan McDonald. ›
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›