1. U.S. Marshals told BuzzFeed that singer Chris Brown is in custody. He will be brought to Washington, D.C., to stand trial for the assault of a man outside a hotel last year.
The incident occurred when Brown was in town for a party at Howard University as a part of the school’s homecoming celebration. He was initially charged with a felony, but it was later downgraded to a misdemeanor.
2. The arrest is the latest in a string of detainments that have landed the embattled singer in the headlines.
He was arrested in March for violation of probation ordered in connection to his highly publicized assault of then-girlfriend, singer Rihanna, in 2009. Since being discharged from a rehabilitation center in Malibu, Brown has been in jail in Los Angeles, where he will remain until he is transported to D.C.
- Despite Democrats threatening to filibuster, Republicans are confident Neil Gorsuch will be confirmed to the Supreme Court by the end of next week.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- "We are the press who is under attack," says April Ryan, the veteran journalist who was scolded by Sean Spicer during a heated White House briefing.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻