1. Russia’s Olympic flame! It’s been all sorts of crazy places, starting with this handover ceremony in Athens.
3. Flame met torch at a ceremony on Red Square, personally led by Vladimir Putin.
4. It’s been to St. Basil’s Cathedral!
5. And held by crooner and parliamentarian Iosif Kobzon, who is banned from the U.S. because of his suspected mafia ties.
6. It’s hung out with this freaky statue of Misha, the much-loved mascot of Russia’s last Olympic Games, held in Moscow in 1980.
7. More importantly, it has been to space.
8. Here it is aboard the International Space Station.
9. Then it came down and landed in Kazakhstan.
10. And had a photo op with these guys.
11. Next stop: Siberia.
12. “I’m king of Lake Baikal!”
Lake Baikal, near the Siberian city of Irkutsk, is the deepest lake in the world.
13. It went INTO Lake Baikal.
14. It was shot OUT OF Lake Baikal.
15. Here it is in another part of Siberia, Krasnoyarsk, where it is in the water AGAIN.
16. Still in the Yenisei River.
17. Still. In. The. River.
18. It dried off on top of this rock outside of Krasnoyarsk.
19. The torch has seen a lot of things, but it hasn’t always been smooth sailing.
24. It’s due to arrive in Sochi in time for the opening ceremony on Feb. 7.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴