1. The Olympic flame traveled to Moscow today, as Russia gets ready to host the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February. It had its own seat on the airplane.
2. Dmitry Kozak, a deputy prime minister, carried the flame from the plane. He didn’t make any more comments about Russia’s anti-gay law.
7. “It is natural that sport is so loved in Russia and that it values everything that is connected to it,” Putin said.
9. Then the flame was carried down Red Square to inside the Kremlin’s walls.
10. And then everything went wrong:
Miriam Elder is the world editor for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Her secure PGP fingerprint is 7217 BCE0 F2F3 1AD8 943A B334 208B 3E4A 03F4 6E9D
Contact Miriam Elder at email@example.com
Here Are The Top Stories