1. The Olympic flame traveled to Moscow today, as Russia gets ready to host the Winter Olympics in Sochi in February. It had its own seat on the airplane.
2. Dmitry Kozak, a deputy prime minister, carried the flame from the plane. He didn’t make any more comments about Russia’s anti-gay law.
6. Vladimir Putin walked solemnly to meet the flame on Red Square.
7. “It is natural that sport is so loved in Russia and that it values everything that is connected to it,” Putin said.
9. Then the flame was carried down Red Square to inside the Kremlin’s walls.
10. And then everything went wrong:
- Five people were arrested as protesters gathered in Chicago after the release of a dash-cam video of the fatal shooting of 17-year-old Laquan McDonald. ›
- Brussels started reopening schools and the Metro Wednesday after a four-day security lockdown. The city remains on the highest terrorism alert. ›
- Pope Francis has arrived in Kenya. It's his first visit to Africa as pontiff. ›