1. Every year, the Nathan’s Famous-sponsored contest opens on Coney Island with the top women in competitive eating.
From left to right: Michelle Lesco, Sonya Thomas, Miki Sudo, and Juliet Lee.
2. “Black Widow” — or Sonya Thomas, a 47-year-old South Korean native who lives in Virginia — has won the past three years.
3. But she had serious competition this year in Miki Sudo, a 28-year-old from Las Vegas.
4. In the end, “Black Widow” ate 27¾ hot dogs in 10 minutes — nowhere near her 2013 record of 45.
5. Sudo downed 34 dogs, ending Thomas’s streak and taking home the $20,000 prize.
7. The race got close, with Matt Stonie at times taking the lead over “Jaws.”
8. But Chestnut was the victor (for the eighth consecutive year) after consuming 61 hot dogs in 10 minutes.
- Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton sparred over ISIS, race, and Trump's unreleased taxes during the first US presidential debate 📢
- The Colombia government and FARC rebels have signed a historic peace deal, ending 52 years of armed conflict.
- And no, people aren't drilling headphone jacks into their new iPhone 7's 📱❌