The Associated Press
BREAKING: Popular psychologist Joyce Brothers has died in New York at age 85 -RJJ
Psychologist Joyce Brothers, the beloved Good Housekeeping columnist and frequent guest on shows like Match Game, Saturday Night Live, Happy Days, Married… with Children and All That, has died, her daughter confirmed to CNN.
She had a Ph.D from Columbia University and an undergraduate degree from Cornell University, but Brothers’ big break came in 1955 with an appearance on The $64,000 Question game show, when she reportedly memorized 20 volumes of a boxing encyclopedia to win the top prize. She was the show’s second — and only female — winner.
In 1989, she told the Washington Post, “I invented media psychology. I was the first. The founding mother.”
4. Here’s a compilation of her clips, including that 1955 game show appearance.
5. And here she is talking “naughty parts” with Conan O’Brien.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- AT&T has made a deal to buy Time Warner — owner of CNN, HBO, and Warner Bros. — in one of the biggest acquisitions ever 💰
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘