If you celebrate Ramadan, you know that during the next hot summer month you won’t be able to eat or drink anything — including water — from before dawn to sunset. To maintain energy and hydration throughout the day follow these tips for your pre-dawn meal from Muslim registered dietitian Nour El-Zibdeh.
2. Spread almond butter on whole grain toast, then top with bananas and chia seeds.
5. Smash beans on whole wheat toast then top with a tomato and a fried egg.
10. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle a fresh cheese on your avocado toast.
15. Find a way to work veggies into your breakfast sandwich (made with whole grain bread of course).
- Chaos erupted at a protest outside a Trump rally in Southern California on Thursday night.
- A 23-year-old asylum-seeker who set himself on fire at an Australian immigration detention center on Wednesday has died.
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯