If you celebrate Ramadan, you know that during the next hot summer month you won’t be able to eat or drink anything — including water — from before dawn to sunset. To maintain energy and hydration throughout the day follow these tips for your pre-dawn meal from Muslim registered dietitian Nour El-Zibdeh.
2. Spread almond butter on whole grain toast, then top with bananas and chia seeds.
5. Smash beans on whole wheat toast then top with a tomato and a fried egg.
10. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle a fresh cheese on your avocado toast.
15. Find a way to work veggies into your breakfast sandwich (made with whole grain bread of course).
- At least 10 people, including the gunman, are dead after a shooting at a mall in Munich, Germany.
- Hillary Clinton has picked Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her running mate. He was considered a favorite for the ticket.
- Employees at a textile factory that made Trump shirts report dangerous, abusive conditions — harsh even for Honduras.