2. Over the weekend, a bunch of people started tweeting the list of their first seven jobs.
4. Like with any good hashtag, soon celebrities joined in on the trend. Turns out Stephen Colbert did a whole bunch of boring jobs long before he became host of The Late Show.
5. Astronaut Buzz Aldrin gave us some serious career inspo when he noted he used to spend his time washing dishes before walking on the moon.
6. House of Cards creator Beau Willimon definitely paid his dues.
7. Model, Transparent actress, and trans activist Hari Nef showed us that sometimes those endless unpaid internships might just pay off.
8. Actress and feminist activist Mira Sorvino showed that sometimes you have to look around a little bit before figuring out your path.
9. YouTube star Dan Howell may have been half-joking with his list, but he turned that quadruple espresso into 6 million followers, so that’s saying something.
10. There were also some critics — this is the internet, after all.
11. And some jokers (and some smokers, and some late-night tokers).
13. And then, of course, things got political.
- Donald Trump, who wrote a book about his ability to get deals done, lost in his highest stakes negotiation yet — the battered GOP health care bill.
- A viral Instagram post falsely claimed 14 black girls went missing over 24 hours in Washington, DC, but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem. Now lawmakers are taking action.
- Apple says a hacking group that's threatening to wipe hundreds of millions of iPhones has not breached its iCloud system 📱
- Hi Stranger: A bizarre short film featuring a naked mumbling figurine is making everyone on the internet uncomfortable 🙃