3. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever,” Trump said. (He later claimed he had meant to say nose)
4. Well, one artist is taking it all pretty literally. Meet Sarah Levy, who describes herself as an “independent journalist, activist, [and] artist.”
5. The Portland, Oregon creative had the idea to combine Trump’s two biggest campaign scandals to date by selling a portrait of the billionaire painted using, well, menstrual blood and donating the profits to an immigrants’ rights organization.
7. “That he thinks he can bring up the healthy functioning of women’s reproductive systems to insult women’s intelligence is a big problem that I think needs to be called out,” Levy told BuzzFeed News.
The artist said she plans to sell the painting online, but noted the color had already changed from a bright red to a reddish-brown.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.
- Parents of the suspected Washington mall gunman who killed five people said he "had mental issues."