3. “You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever,” Trump said. (He later claimed he had meant to say nose)
4. Well, one artist is taking it all pretty literally. Meet Sarah Levy, who describes herself as an “independent journalist, activist, [and] artist.”
5. The Portland, Oregon creative had the idea to combine Trump’s two biggest campaign scandals to date by selling a portrait of the billionaire painted using, well, menstrual blood and donating the profits to an immigrants’ rights organization.
7. “That he thinks he can bring up the healthy functioning of women’s reproductive systems to insult women’s intelligence is a big problem that I think needs to be called out,” Levy told BuzzFeed News.
The artist said she plans to sell the painting online, but noted the color had already changed from a bright red to a reddish-brown.
- President Trump signed executive orders today to advance the Keystone XL and Dakota Access oil pipelines, prompting praise from pro-Trump unions.
- Mark Zuckerberg denied rumors that he might run for president, telling BuzzFeed News, "I'm focused on building our community at Facebook."
- Press Secretary Sean Spicer at today's White House briefing defended Trump's claim that millions of people voted illegally—but he cited a debunked study.
- And the 2017 Oscar nominations for Best Picture are "La La Land," "Moonlight," "Arrival," "Hidden Figures," "Hacksaw Ridge," "Manchester by the Sea," "Lion," "Fences," and "Hell or High Water" 🎥 🎬