THE PERFECT POTLUCK DISH FITS CERTAIN GUIDELINES:
1) It travels well. If it won’t make it through an hour on the passenger seat of your car while you swerve through summer traffic, it doesn’t make the cut.
2) It can be stored and served at room temperature. Heating it up when you get to the party is too much of an imposition on your host. And, refrigerator space is limited and, frankly, better used for beer.
3) It doesn’t take long to make. You have a party to get to.
3. Caprese Chopped Salad
Lettuce salads can be a mess to toss when you’re making a big one for a large group of people. Also, they wilt when they sit out for too long. Caprese stays fresh for hours, and the vinaigrette and basil continue to flavor the tomatoes as it sits. Recipe here.
13. Chili-Garlic Roasted Potatoes with Fresh Herbs
I understand that roasted potatoes don’t scream “summer” but really, does anything pair better with grilled steak? Roast ‘em the night before and refrigerate, but make sure they have enough time to come to room temperature before serving. Recipe here.
- Former Secretary of State Colin Powell said he's voting for Hillary Clinton, joining a growing list of top-ranking Republicans who are breaking rank.
- Election forecasts are everywhere these days, but what do they really mean? Here's what they tell us 🔍
- The New York Giants have released kicker Josh Brown after he admitted to abusing his wife in his journal.
- The first Gilmore Girls trailer is finally here and it looks like Luke and Lorelai are together 💛☕️