2. Kale salads are a great packed lunch option, since kale won’t wilt too much if you add the vinaigrette in the morning.
Packing salads for lunch is quick and easy if you prep vegetables, proteins, and maybe some grains ahead of time. But, regular lettuce gets wilted and soggy if you dress it ahead of time, which means packing a separate container for your vinaigrette. Kale is super sturdy, so you can go ahead and toss it with vinaigrette when you’re packing lunch in the morning. Recipe here.
3. Make pinwheels with thinly sliced cucumber ribbons instead of tortillas.
It’s really all about the delicious fillings, right? These pinwheels are filled with sundried tomato avocado pesto (recipe here), but any kind of spread would work. Thinly sliced meat and cheese would also taste delicious. Serve them as a party appetizer, or just make them as a snack.
4. Make a healthy soup or stew in your slow cooker, then freeze individual servings to reheat when you don’t have time to make dinner.
Having homemade frozen meals on hand means you don’t have to rely on takeout or store bought frozen dinners. This Sweet Potato, Chicken, and Quinoa Soup is filled with protein and fiber, and it’ll taste great reheated.
5. Learn exactly how to meal prep in the healthiest, easiest way possible.
Precision Nutrition is a great resource if you’re looking to make lasting healthy lifestyle changes that are realistic and backed by actual science. This guide to meal prepping should help get things started. Learn more here.
7. Use your slow cooker to make healthy breakfasts so that you don’t have to cook ANYTHING in the morning.
Homemade breakfast is almost always healthier than anything in a package or from a coffee shop, but most mornings are busy enough as it is. Set the slow cooker the night before, and have a healthy breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up.
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.