1. For a sweet, crunchy snack, try making your own healthy fruit crisps.
2. Kale salads are a great packed lunch option, since kale won't wilt too much if you add the vinaigrette in the morning.
3. Make pinwheels with thinly sliced cucumber ribbons instead of tortillas.
It's really all about the delicious fillings, right? These pinwheels are filled with sundried tomato avocado pesto (recipe here), but any kind of spread would work. Thinly sliced meat and cheese would also taste delicious. Serve them as a party appetizer, or just make them as a snack.
4. Make a healthy soup or stew in your slow cooker, then freeze individual servings to reheat when you don't have time to make dinner.
Having homemade frozen meals on hand means you don't have to rely on takeout or store bought frozen dinners. This Sweet Potato, Chicken, and Quinoa Soup is filled with protein and fiber, and it'll taste great reheated.
5. Learn exactly how to meal prep in the healthiest, easiest way possible.
6. Eat more fermented foods — they help with digestion, and fermentation preserves nutrients.
7. Use your slow cooker to make healthy breakfasts so that you don't have to cook ANYTHING in the morning.
Homemade breakfast is almost always healthier than anything in a package or from a coffee shop, but most mornings are busy enough as it is. Set the slow cooker the night before, and have a healthy breakfast ready to go as soon as you wake up.