1. The 2014 Paralympic Winter Games kicked off Friday with an opening ceremony at Fisht Olympic Stadium.
13. There was even an icebreaker ship brought in that was, interestingly, christened “Peace.”
19. Russian President Vladimir Putin was there to toast with the President of the International Paralympic Committee.
20. Four-time track and field Paralympic champion Aleksey Ashapatov of Russia was honored at the torch lighting.
- Immigrants are worried two government memos are laying the groundwork for the deportation force Trump promised on the campaign trail.
- A US federal judge ruled that Texas can't cut Planned Parenthood out of its Medicaid program.
- The UK Supreme Court ruled that it's legal for the government to keep couples apart because of their income.
- Yalla! You can now download a new Arab emoji keyboard that includes a belly dancer, Oman Chips, and more 👏