1. Soccer players aren’t the only ones scoring during the World Cup in Brazil.
Prudence Caipirinha-Flavored Condoms, the unofficial condom of the World Cup that is only available only for a limited time and only in Brazil, are reportedly selling out. NBC San Diego reported that the initial shipment of 864,000 units (the condoms are sold three to a pack) sold out in just 15 days.
As the Wall Street Journal pointed out, many of the condoms sold will never be opened since they make for great souvenirs.
2. The condoms are yellow and green, the national colors of Brazil, and flavored to taste like Brazil’s national cocktail, the caipirinha.
The caipirinha is made with sugar cane liquor, sugar, and lime.
The condoms are produced by the world’s largest maker of condoms, Karex, and were ordered by DKT International, a firm based in Washington, D.C. that aims to “provide safe and affordable options for family planning and HIV prevention through social marketing.”
4. Because really, being naked shouldn’t mean that you can’t show your team spirit.
Get it, Brazil!
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- The World Health Organization says that an interim analysis of a potential Ebola vaccine shows "100% efficacy in individuals."
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.