1. The Knowles and the Carters and the Carter-Knowles have finally issued a statement addressing video footage of a physical altercation between Solange and Jay Z in an elevator after the Met Ball last week.
The statement was given exclusively to the Associated Press:
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” an exclusive statement to The Associated Press read Thursday. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
3. On Monday, TMZ released security footage of Solange accosting Jay Z in an elevator at the Standard Hotel after the Met Ball.
4. They stressed in the statement that Solange was not intoxicated.
“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” the statement continued. “At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.
- The South Carolina legislature took a key step toward removing the Confederate flag from statehouse grounds.
- Reddit's CEO apologized for the site's "long history of mistakes."