1. The Knowles and the Carters and the Carter-Knowles have finally issued a statement addressing video footage of a physical altercation between Solange and Jay Z in an elevator after the Met Ball last week.
The statement was given exclusively to the Associated Press:
“As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it,” an exclusive statement to The Associated Press read Thursday. “Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family.”
3. On Monday, TMZ released security footage of Solange accosting Jay Z in an elevator at the Standard Hotel after the Met Ball.
4. They stressed in the statement that Solange was not intoxicated.
“The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false,” the statement continued. “At the end of the day families have problems and we’re no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We’ve put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same.”
- Two University of Cincinnati officers who were on the scene shortly after Samuel Dubose was fatally shot have been placed on leave. The officer accused of killing Dubose has been released from jail after posting bond.
- An ultra-Orthodox man stabbed six people at Jerusalem's gay pride parade on Thursday.
- The new Apple TV will debut in September, along with its own App Store, sources tell BuzzFeed News.