The Associated Press
BREAKING: Publicist: Actor Dennis Farina, police officer turned star of “Law & Order,” has died at 69.
Dennis Farina, who starred as Detective Joe Fontana on Law & Order, died in a hospital in Scottsdale, Ariz., his publicist confirmed Monday.
He starred in movies like Midnight Run, Get Shorty, Saving Private Rya, and Snatch. He had also appeared in the HBO series Luck and in the Fox sitcom New Girl.
4. Before becoming an actor, Farina was a cop with the Chicago Police Department from 1967 to 1985.
5. Farina’s publicist said he is survived by “the love of his life of 35 years, Marianne Cahill,” reports TMZ.
6. Farina was known for his salty on-screen language.
Here’s Dennis Farina in “Midnight Run.” Language is often NSFW, obvs., because he’s Dennis Farina: http://t.co/55S6YsFR8d.
“Anything to declare?” “Yeah, don’t go to England.” RIP Dennis Farina.
- North Korea launched a rocket that the country said was carrying a satellite, but which some critics believe was a way to test prohibited missile technology.
- U.S. Republican presidential candidates debated in New Hampshire ahead of Tuesday's primary, and the gloves were off 🇺🇸
- Beyoncé dropped a new song and video called "Formation". She's performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday 👑🐝