1. Former Miss World, Bollywood actress, and singer Priyanka Chopra is the first Indian to be a Guess girl.
2. Chopra is featured in a series of black-and-white pictures by musician and photographer Bryan Adams for the American brand’s upcoming holiday campaign, E! Online reported.
3. Chopra reportedly signed with the brand after a meeting with Guess President Paul Marciano who told her she reminded him of Sophia Lauren.
4. “I’m pretty much quintessential Guess — feminine, the big hair, the big eyes, the doe-eyed look,” Chopra told E! Online. “I really do believe that women should always be feminine and beautiful and not skinny, but rounded.”
5. She has acted in some of Bollywood’s highest grossing films such as Don 2 and Agneepath, and has received awards for her performances in Fashion and 7 Khoon Maaf.
6. “I’m their first brown model. For a global fashion brand, for them to move their campaign into a global space, for me it’s an honor,” Chopra told Women’s Wear Daily.
Tasneem Nashrulla is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Tasneem Nashrulla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here Are Today's Top Stories