1. For the first time in his career, weather guru Al Roker overslept because his phone alarm didn’t go off and he didn’t have a backup. He missed hosting his show, Wake Up With Al, at 6 a.m. on the Weather Channel.
After 39 years, it happened. I overslept and missed a show. Missed #WUWA. But will be on time for @today
2. He did make it in time for his gig on the Today show.
Morning, Sleepyhead. Overslept and missed #wuwa Here on time for TODAY
.@alroker joking this morning that he’s going to change #WUWA to, “Al Wake Up!!!” #oversleeping
4. Today show host Matt Lauer rose to the occasion.
Rip van Roker.
- In a landmark prison reform decision, California has agreed to a settlement that will effectively end indefinite solitary confinement in the state. ›
- Los Angeles has officially been selected as the American candidate city to host the 2024 Summer Olympics. ›
- McDonald's all-day breakfast is happening: It's coming to the U.S. on Oct. 6. The company started testing it this year 🍳 ›