1. Because on July 1st, your student loan rates doubled from 3.4% to 6.8%.
2. 10 million students nationwide will lose $1,000 per year from the higher rates, and even more under the House GOP plan.
3. If you had that money, you could buy…
4. Student loan debt in America has reached $1 Trillion…
5. $85 Billion of which is past due.
6. The government profits off these student loans, while you suffer.
7. 60% of all students take on some student loan debt.
8. 41% of you with loans will be delinquent at some point, severely hurting your credit scores.
9. Student loans are the second-largest source of consumer debt in the United States after home mortgages.
10. Banks only pay ¾ of a percent, and you shouldn’t have to pay more than the banks!
11. And higher education costs are already too high!
So tell Congress, #DontDoubleMyRate!
Here Are The Top Stories
- Dylann Roof wants to plead guilty to the charges against him in the Charleston church shooting, his attorney said, but a judge entered a not guilty plea for him on Friday.
- The U.S. Coast Guard has suspended its search for two teenagers who went missing a week ago off the coast of Florida.
- Beijing will host the 2022 Winter Olympics, becoming the first city to host both the summer and winter games.