1. It turns out San Diego resident Meb Keflezighi’s marathon win today wasn’t just a victory for American runners, but also the city of Boston.
2. The names “Martin,” “Krystle,” “Sean,” and “Lingzi” were written in the corners of his runner’s bib.
3. The names stand for Krystle Campbell, Lu Lingzi and Martin Richard, who were killed in the bomb blasts that happened during last year’s race.
4. And “Sean” refers to MIT Officer Sean Collier, who was killed days later during the manhunt for Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
5. “It was not about me,” Keflezighi told reporters of today’s huge win. “It was about Boston Strong.”
(h/t Steve Saleeba)