1. George Washington High School student Katelyn Campbell has filed an injunction against her school’s principal over an abstinence-only sex education speaker who recently visited the shool.
2. Katelyn angered officials at her school after she spoke out against speaker Pam Stenzel:
In what Campbell said was retaliation to using her First Amendment rights, she said [Principal] Aulenbacher called her out of class and told her he was disappointed in her, asking her why she would speak to local media about the situation without first alerting him.
Campbell said Aulenbacher continued, asking her how she would you feel if he called her college and told them what a bad character she has and what a back stabber she is.
3. Katelyn argued that her school was punishing her for using her first amendment rights to speak out against Stenzel, pictured below with a typical piece of advice for teens that engage in sexual activity.
4. According to The Clarkson Gazette, many other students were uncomfortable with Stenzel’s message.
“Many students felt uncomfortable with her outright condemnation of any and everyone who has ever had premarital sexual contact,” Campbell said. “Stenzel’s overall attitude was that any type of sex will guarantee the contraction of an STD or an unwanted pregnancy.”
Campbell said several students had recorded the presentation, where Stenzel allegedly made comments like, “If you take birth control, your mother probably hates you” and “I could look at any one of you in the eyes right now and tell if you’re going to be promiscuous.”
6. During the assembly, angry students were tweeting about Stenzel’s slut-shaming and backwards views on sexual health.
7. Here’s a video of one of Stenzel’s assemblies:
“If you have sex outside of one, permanent, monogamous… partner who has only been with you… If you have sex outside of that context, you will pay. No one has ever had more than one partner and not paid.”