1. Adam Savader, a 21-year-old campaign intern for Mitt Romney’s 2012 campaign was arrested in Great Neck, Long Island on Tuesday, charged with cyber-stalking and blackmailing young women online.
Savader posing for a photo with Mitt Romney.
2. According to an FBI press release, the SUNY Farmingdale political science student blackmailed 15 women into sending him nude photographs.
Savader posing for a photo with Paul Ryan.
3. He used a practice commonly referred to as “sextortion.”
Savader posing for a photo with Rick Santorum.
4. Savader would anonymously contact women via Google Voice and tell them he already had nude photos of them.
Savader posing for a photo with Newt and Callista Gingrich.
5. He would anonymously text the women under the name “John Smith.”
Savader posing for a photo with FOX News’ Tucker Carlson.
6. He would then force them to send him more photos, saying if they didn’t, he’d make their photos public.
Savader posing for a photo with Sarah Palin.
7. 15 victims have been identified, so far, from Detroit, Washington, D.C., and Long Island, New York.
Savader posing for a photo with Sentator Marco Rubio.
8. Savader is being held, pending a bail hearing on Friday. He will be prosecuted in Michigan.
Savader posing for a photo with Congresswoman Michelle Bachman.
9. Savader, also, was very fond of bragging about dressing up as “Ellis the Elephant,” a character Callista Gringrich used for book signings.
10. “He creeps me out. He was that dude you’d see everywhere in the conservative world,” a Washington Republican told BuzzFeed.
Savader posing for a photo with Anne Coulter.
11. A former Romney campaign staffer spoke to BuzzFeed about working with Savader:
He just kind of, like, sauntered around the office a lot in the first floor… He kind of drew attention because he’s like a pudgy nerdy kid who walks around the office and he’d always have the top two or three buttons undone on his shirt.
He had, like, a gold Star of David necklace popping out of his chest.