Republican presidential candidate and U.S. Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) speaks to supporters at an event in Freeport, Maine January 28, 2012.
While Mitt Romney and Newt Gingrich made their final push in Florida and Rick Santorum focused on connecting with the Tea Party in Nevada, Ron Paul has been doing things his way: casually campaigning in Colorado, preparing for his 55th wedding anniversary tomorrow, and calling on the Gingrich campaign to apologize to one of his fans.
Pau, who spent two days this the week in Maine, began the day with a 10 a.m. town hall meeting in Fort Collins, another town hall in Denver, and a 2 p.m. whistle stop in Colorado Springs. He then flew to Nevada and had a “Nevada Campaign Call to Arms” in Henderson, a suburb of Las Vegas.
His campaign also took the time to demand an apology from the Gingrich campaign for its staff’s treatment of a Paul supporter at an event in Florida. “They say the culture of an organization is a reflection of its top executive and today’s deplorable behavior against Ron Paul supporter Eddie Dillard in Florida reflects very poorly on Congressman Gingrich,” the campaign wrote. Dillard’s foot was stepped on rather aggressively.
Tomorrow is Paul’s 55th wedding anniversary with his wife Carol. They’ll spend it campaigning until 3 p.m., after which there are no events on the schedule. For a candidate who’s in it until the convention whether he wins or loses, there’s no rush.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- Juso Train What Has Ron Paul Been Doing Today? and thinks it’s Trashy & Geeky
- josephb16 thinks What Has Ron Paul Been Doing Today? is Cute
- jeremiahh3 What Has Ron Paul Been Doing Today? and thinks it’s Win
- Jeremy R. What Has Ron Paul Been Doing Today? and thinks it’s Win
- mudassirmoodyq What Has Ron Paul Been Doing Today? and thinks it’s Cute & Win
- nhcollegechic What Has Ron Paul Been Doing Today? and thinks it’s Win
- samxf42 thinks What Has Ron Paul Been Doing Today? is Cute & Win
I’ll bite : What WAS Ron Paul up to today ? Counting the gold bars stashed in his hollow tree ? Not reading - much less editing - the racist, homophobic newsletters sent out in his name ? Or maybe just keeping busy by avoiding stuff like roads & electricity, seeing as how they’re funded by Big Government and all…