1. A new video shows the chaotic scene during the Westgate Mall attack allegedly carried out by Somalian terrorist cell al-Shabab, in which 62 people are said to have been killed. Shoppers crouch behind shelves and wince as bullets ring out inside the upscale shopping plaza.
3. As of this morning, top Kenyan officials announced they had killed two of the terrorists inside the mall, and believe they have freed most, if not all, of the hostages.
Update: Our team has managed to kill two terrorists so far.
5. The death toll was also revised from 68 to 62, with the Red Cross saying that some bodies had been counted twice.
Kenya Red Cross
Death Toll is 62, figures we posted earlier was as a result of double counted bodies moved from morgue to morgue ^PO
7. Explosions rattled the mall this morning, as a large plume of dark gray smoke rose from inside the mall’s main grocery and department store as the siege entered its third day.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›