1. A new video shows the chaotic scene during the Westgate Mall attack allegedly carried out by Somalian terrorist cell al-Shabab, in which 62 people are said to have been killed. Shoppers crouch behind shelves and wince as bullets ring out inside the upscale shopping plaza.
3. As of this morning, top Kenyan officials announced they had killed two of the terrorists inside the mall, and believe they have freed most, if not all, of the hostages.
Update: Our team has managed to kill two terrorists so far.
5. The death toll was also revised from 68 to 62, with the Red Cross saying that some bodies had been counted twice.
Kenya Red Cross
Death Toll is 62, figures we posted earlier was as a result of double counted bodies moved from morgue to morgue ^PO
7. Explosions rattled the mall this morning, as a large plume of dark gray smoke rose from inside the mall’s main grocery and department store as the siege entered its third day.
- Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders clashed on immigration, Obama, and Kissinger (!) in Thursday's Democratic debate. We have a recap for you 🇺🇸
- NYPD Officer Peter Liang was found guilty of manslaughter in the 2014 shooting of Akai Gurley, an unarmed black man.
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz.