1. Honey Maid received a handful of negative comments over its recent “This Is Wholesome” ad spot, which featured gay and mixed-race parents. So the company decided to respond in a simple — but totally heartwarming — way.
Among those who disagreed with the commercial were right-wing group One Million Moms, which said its members were “highly offended” by Nabisco’s “disrespect of millions of American families by supporting the homosexual agenda,” and the American Decency Organization, who compared the company to Satan.
3. Watch the original ad, which was released online early last month.
- Shannon Miles, who is suspected of ambushing and killing a Harris County, Texas, sheriff's deputy, was arrested Saturday and charged with capital murder. ›
- For the first time in history, there are three major hurricanes in the Pacific east of the International Dateline at the same time. ›
- Oliver Sacks, the famed neurologist and author, died Sunday from cancer. He was 82. ›