1. Honey Maid received a handful of negative comments over its recent “This Is Wholesome” ad spot, which featured gay and mixed-race parents. So the company decided to respond in a simple — but totally heartwarming — way.
Among those who disagreed with the commercial were right-wing group One Million Moms, which said its members were “highly offended” by Nabisco’s “disrespect of millions of American families by supporting the homosexual agenda,” and the American Decency Organization, who compared the company to Satan.
3. Watch the original ad, which was released online early last month.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- A conservation group in Zimbabwe reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.