1. As a living human, chances are you’ve known the soul-crushing pain of taking a quart of delicious ice cream out of the freezer and then realizing that’s it TOO HARD TO EAT.
What, you really expect me to wait around for 20 minutes while it thaws out? What do I look like, some kind of saint with INFINITE PATIENCE?
2. But! Great news! The brilliant minds over at America’s Test Kitchen have devised a method to circumvent this serious problem.
3. First, run a sharp knife under hot water to heat it up.
4. Now, slice your ice cream cross-wise…
5. …and length-wise.
You can reheat the knife if it gets too hard to slice.
6. Next, heat up your ice cream scoop the same way.
7. And scoop right into your handy-dandy sections.
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›