1. Make banana bread (duh).
This recipe from Smitten Kitchen is my favorite — it’s super moist without being smooshy, and the bourbon adds everything you hope it will (rum works too).
2. Freeze bananas and turn them into magic healthy soft-serve.
Peel the bananas and cut them into chunks before freezing. When you want ice cream, dump a couple handfuls into a food processor and whiz until they turn into creamy goodness. You can amp it up with peanut butter and chocolate sauce, or find more ideas here.
3. Or blend a peanut butter-chocolate chip banana milkshake.
5. Whip up healthy instant chocolate pudding with avocado, banana, and peanut butter.
6. You can also get a little schmancier with this coconut caramel banana pudding.
7. Or keep it simple: smoothies!
There’s essentially no smoothie on earth that doesn’t benefit from the addition of a ripe banana (freeze it first if you like it a little frosty). More ideas here.
8. Smoothies foreverrrrrrrrr…
Blueberry Spinach Smoothie (with a banana for good measure)
10. Or some adorable (and flourless) banana-chocolate pudding cakes.
With coconut whipped cream on top, yum. Recipe here.
12. Bake muffins.
Bonus points for a Nutella swirl.
13. Add ‘nana power to cookies.
14. These healthy banana-oatmeal cookies are gluten-free and take about five minutes to put together.
15. Old bananas + extra zucchini = the ultimate produce-dump cake.
16. Mash a whole bunch and make sweet, crispy banana fritters.
YUM. Recipe here.
- U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders from 20 nations called for doubling clean energy research funding over the next five years at the Paris climate summit 🌍 ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And Kobe Bryant wrote a poem announcing that he's retiring from professional basketball at the end of this season 🏀🎭 ›