1. Here it is. The company said it wanted the new logo to be “whimsical, purple, with an exclamation point.”
2. Yahoo! produced this video showing how the logo was crafted.
3. “We wanted there to be a mathematical consistency to the logo, really pulling it together into one coherent mark,” CEO Marissa Mayer said.
Mayer said she spent the majority of a Saturday and Sunday crafting the logo from start to finish with three designers and an intern. “Our last move was to tilt the exclamation point by 9 degrees, just to add a bit of whimsy,” she said.
4. Over the last month, a new logo was displayed every day across Yahoo! properties, before the final design was unveiled.
5. Reaction on Twitter to the new look was … mixed.
OMG Yahoo thatâ€™s not good./ Via
That’s One Fugly Logo, Yahoo: http://t.co/aGqZ9XxDz5 via @Uncrunched/ Via
OMG, Yahoo’s new logo the Clinique logo, someone just pointed out. Compare:
Yahoo logo ranking right up there with Twitter’s blue lines./ Via
The new Yahoo logo also reminds me of a font I loved when I was a kid. @LNSmithee @darth
Zzzzzzz RT @verge: Yahoo reveals its new logo http://t.co/Q0DLaYhZPT/ Via
i honestly cant even tell they changed their logo. how sad is that?/ Via
Wait, people don’t like the new Yahoo logo? It’s SO much better than than old one. Soooooo much better./ Via
Interesting, screenshot of the new @yahoo logo being designed.
fuck jokes the new yahoo logo is ugly lol/ Via
Lol. Yahoo trolled the Internet with a PR campaign about a new logo that’s just the same old logo, with a BYU font alteration./ Via
Ive seen church pamplets designed better than the new Yahoo logo./ Via
17. RIP old logo, 1995-2013.
- Radical UK preacher Anjem Choudary has been charged with encouraging support for ISIS, Scotland Yard said.
- Dozens of people have died after two passenger trains derailed within minutes of each other on a flooded bridge in central India.
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.