George Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin on Saturday.
2. The following statement was issued by the juror to CNN on Wednesday:
“Thank you for the opportunity to vent some of the anguish which has been in me since the trial began. For reasons of my own, I needed to speak alone. There will be no other interviews. My prayers are with all those who have the influence and power to modify the laws that left me with no verdict option other than ‘not guilty’ in order to remain within the instructions. No other family should be forced to endure what the Martin family has endured.
As for the alleged ‘book deal,’ there is not one at this time. There was an agreement with a literary agent to explore the concept of a book which discussed the impact of sequestration on my perceptions of this serious case, while being compared to the perceptions of an attorney who was closely following the trial from outside the ‘bubble’. The relationship with the agent ceased the moment I realized what had been occurring in the world during the weeks of my sequestration. My prayers are with Travon’s parents for their loss, as they have always been. I now wish for me and my family to recover from being selected for this jury and return to a normal life. God bless.”
3. Earlier this week, the juror broke her silence in a television interview.
Zimmerman juror tells @CNN she believes Trayvon Martin threw the first punch
4. She told Anderson Cooper she thought it was Zimmerman’s voice screaming for help on the 911 call.
- Dylann Roof pleaded not guilty to federal hate crime charges in the Charleston church massacre.
- Beijing won its bid to host the 2022 Winter Olympics. It's the first city to host both the summer and winter games.