2. This is Rep. Peter T. King, representative for New York’s 2nd congressional district and chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security. He had a nice spot at the inauguration.
3. Unfortunately, Rep. Peter King has no idea who Jay-Z is.
4. UPDATE: This is Peter King’s photo. A bit blurry.
And King’s defense of his lack of knowledge in this situation is fantastic:
“I didn’t know! I knew the name but I didn’t realize that was him. I just know Beyoncé from seeing her picture in the papers. I don’t know rap. I stopped listening to music after Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers.I’m not that starstruck with entertainers,” he continued, but “if we’re gonna focus on somebody, I’d rather focus on her than him — that’s a beautiful woman! If it was David Wright or R.A. Dickey, then I’d be excited.”
- Owen Labrie was found not guilty of felony sexual assault charges stemming from a 15-year-old former student's accusations that he raped her at St. Paul's School. ›
- Former U.S. President George W. Bush delivered a speech honoring New Orleans' teachers during a visit marking the anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. ›
- Police confirmed 71 people, likely refugees who fled Syria, were found dead in a truck abandoned in Austria. ›