2. This is Rep. Peter T. King, representative for New York’s 2nd congressional district and chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security. He had a nice spot at the inauguration.
3. Unfortunately, Rep. Peter King has no idea who Jay-Z is.
4. UPDATE: This is Peter King’s photo. A bit blurry.
And King’s defense of his lack of knowledge in this situation is fantastic:
“I didn’t know! I knew the name but I didn’t realize that was him. I just know Beyoncé from seeing her picture in the papers. I don’t know rap. I stopped listening to music after Frankie Lymon and the Teenagers.I’m not that starstruck with entertainers,” he continued, but “if we’re gonna focus on somebody, I’d rather focus on her than him — that’s a beautiful woman! If it was David Wright or R.A. Dickey, then I’d be excited.”
- At least three people – including a police officer – died in a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado Springs. The suspect is in police custody. ›
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›