1. The Amber Alert was issued in Washington and Oregon on Wednesday afternoon.
JUST IN: Amber Alert issued for a 16-year-old and 8-year-old from California. Spotted in Ore. More soon.
2. Hannah Anderson and her brother, Ethan, were last seen Aug. 3, and are believed to have been abducted by James Lee DiMaggio.
This composite photo released by the San Diego Sheriff’s Department shows James Lee DiMaggio, 40, left, Ethan Anderson, 8, and Hannah Anderson, 16.
DiMaggio is suspected of killing the children’s mother, 42-year-old Christina Anderson.
Her body was found in a burned house along with the remains of a child. Authorities said it could take days for DNA testing to determine if the child is Ethan.
4. The suspect is reportedly driving a blue 2013 Nissan Versa and was possibly seen near Lakeview in southern Oregon. It is believed he is heading to Texas or Canada.
Drivers pass a display showing an Amber Alert, asking motorists to be on the lookout for the vehicle in San Diego.
5. Anyone who sees this vehicle in Oregon should call 911 or the Oregon State Police at 1-866-5AMBER5.
Oregon State Police
When Oregon Activates an #AMBERAlert, If U See The Suspect Vehicle, Suspect & Kids, Please Call 1-866-5AMBER5 (1-866-526-2375) or 9-1-1/ Via
6. Investigators have uncovered details of DiMaggio’s affection for the 16-year-old girl. According to a friend of the girl, he had told Hannah he had a crush on her and would love to date her if they were the same age.
This photo released by the San Diego Sheriff’s Department shows James Lee Dimaggio.
7. A previous alert was issued in California on Monday. It marked the first time a statewide Amber Alert had been issued on mobile phones in the state.
8. UPDATE — August 7, 2013 p.m. ET: Amber Alert for missing children extended to Nevada.
#AmberAlert for Hannah Anderson expands to #Nevada. SD County Sheriff says earlier sightings of abductor James DiMaggio in OR were unfounded/ Via
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›