2. He began spinning. Slowly at first:
3. Then a little faster. WEEEEEEEEE, wait. WAIT
4. OOHHHH SHIT, NOPE, I WANT TO GET OFF THIS RIDE
6. Luckily, he regained control as he slowed down. Everything turned out fine:
Baumgartner “really thought [he was] in trouble,” he told reporters. The spinning had almost knocked him out, but had he pulled his smaller chute, for stabilization, he never would have broken the sound barrier.
For more on the jump, check out our GIF recap here.
[Clip from Austria’s ServusTV, via Business Insider]
- The gun allegedly used by an undocumented immigrant to shoot and kill a woman on a San Francisco pier last week may have been stolen from a federal agent.
- Fox has secured the rights to make a movie about the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on marriage equality.
- Subway has suspended Jared Fogle, the weight-loss guy from their commercials, due to an FBI investigation.