1. Today, Konami announced that Hollywood superstar Kiefer Sutherland would voice the iconic character Solid Snake in the new Metal Gear Solid game.
2. “I am Solid Snake.”
3. Those skin-colored blobs on Kiefer’s face aren’t growths. They’re metal motion-capture balls.
5. Kiefer had to wear metal motion capture balls on his face to get Snake’s facial expressions just right.
6. First he had to stay really still while putting the metal motion capture balls on his face.
7. Then he had to get into character.
8. “Kiefer, do you understand why you have to wear these metal motion capture balls on your face?”
9. Still, there are a few moves Kiefer can’t do with metal motion capture balls on his face. The first is this:
11. And the second is this:
13. Keep at it Kiefer! You beat the terrorists: You can beat this!
Joe Bernstein is a senior technology reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York. Bernstein reports on and writes about the gaming industry and web culture.
Contact Joseph Bernstein at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here Are The Top Stories
- Greece's finance minister has resigned following an overwhelming "no" vote on new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. The country's future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- More than 1 million people are expected to attend Pope Francis' mass in Ecuador on Monday.