Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid Friday was taken to a Las Vegas area hospital following a multi-car crash, according to the Las Vegas Review Journal.
According to his office, Reid suffered minor injuries but was taken to the hospital by his security detail as a precaution.
“Senator Reid was taken to University Medical Center Hospital by his security detail as a precaution, and walked in on his own. Senator Reid was wearing his seatbelt at the time of the accident. He experienced rib and hip contusions and has been cleared for release by the doctors,” the statement said.
Reid’s office also noted that his wife was not in the car, but that “some of Senator Reid’s detail and a staffer had minor injuries in the accident and were evaluated.”
The crash involved six cars, including four that were in Reid’s caravan, according to news reports.
Reid, 73, had delivered a speech earlier in the day dedicating the new National Atomic Testing Museum.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- Wewe Garlic Harry Reid Taken To Las Vegas Area Ho... and thinks it’s Old, LOL & WTF
- Judd Hayes thinks Harry Reid Taken To Las Vegas Area Ho... is Fail & OMG
- Surehy Breter Harry Reid Taken To Las Vegas Area Ho... and thinks it’s WTF & OMG
- Harry Reid Taken To Las Vegas Area Ho... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- briso thinks Harry Reid Taken To Las Vegas Area Ho... is OMG