WASHINGTON — Rep. Steve Stockman is urging his colleagues to “Grab free donuts and coffee before Obama grabs your gun!” when they attend a breakfast briefing with gun rights activists.
Stockman’s whimsical headline came in a “dear colleague” letter to other members of the House in support of a Gun Owners of America event on Capitol Hill. The meeting is designed to discuss the dangers of gun-free school zones.
According to the “e-Dear Colleague” — which is, in fact, a thing — guests include “Rob Young, school shooting victim and pro-gun cop [and] Larry Parry, Executive Director of Gun Owners of America, debunked Piers Morgan.”
The letter isn’t the first time Stockman, a conservative lawmaker from Texas, has demonstrated a flair for the dramatic: earlier this month he invited rocker Ted Nugent — who famously threatened violence last year if President Obama was reelected — to be his guest at Obama’s State of the Union Address.
Please validate your account to contribute content.
Preview Your Response
- Judd Hayes thinks Congressman Urges House Members To &q... is WTF, Trashy & OMG
- mariannen thinks Congressman Urges House Members To &q... is Trashy & Fail
- zatty thinks Congressman Urges House Members To &q... is OMG
- Seraphica Congressman Urges House Members To &q... and thinks it’s Trashy, Fail & Ew
- Congressman Urges House Members To &q... is starting to get hot on Twitter Tweet It
- krisztinai thinks Congressman Urges House Members To &q... is Trashy & WTF
All I want:
Gun restrictions (e.g. no assault rifles for nonmilitary practices)
Universal background checks (no gunshow loopholes) Also I think Senators should not get free coffee or doughnuts. Not all of them have been doing a very good job running the country as of late, so I don’t think they deserve any.