2. A massive tornado touched down in Nebraska just after 8 p.m. CT Tuesday. Local media reported that the storm damaged at least two farmsteads near the village of Coleridge.
6. The massive tornado formed from a storm cell that minutes earlier was seen with smaller, multiple vortices.
9. Storm chasers Sean Schofer and Reed Timmer were part of a group that drove directly at the storm with a Dominator 3 storm-chasing vehicle.
11. The group had a close encounter with the tornado but was able to escape safely. It was not immediately clear how extensive the damage was or if the storm produced any injuries.
13. Other chasers captured the storm from a safer distance.
16. A series of tornadoes remained on the ground in nearly the same area for more than two hours. The Omaha World-Herald said that several additional tornadoes were also spotted in the region Tuesday evening.
Radar showed tornado-producing thunderstorms over the small Nebraska towns Tuesday evening.
21. The tornadoes touched down just an hour away from Pilger, where a pair of tornadoes killed two people and leveled the town Monday.
- Britain marks 10 years since 52 people were killed in terrorist attacks in London.
- European leaders are holding an emergency summit today to discuss Greece's debt crisis.
- The deadline for a deal on Iran's nuclear program was extended again, to the end of the week.
- Bill Cosby testified in 2005 that he obtained sedatives to give to women he wanted to have sex with, the AP reports.