2. A massive tornado touched down in Nebraska just after 8 p.m. CT Tuesday. Local media reported that the storm damaged at least two farmsteads near the village of Coleridge.
6. The massive tornado formed from a storm cell that minutes earlier was seen with smaller, multiple vortices.
9. Storm chasers Sean Schofer and Reed Timmer were part of a group that drove directly at the storm with a Dominator 3 storm-chasing vehicle.
11. The group had a close encounter with the tornado but was able to escape safely. It was not immediately clear how extensive the damage was or if the storm produced any injuries.
13. Other chasers captured the storm from a safer distance.
16. A series of tornadoes remained on the ground in nearly the same area for more than two hours. The Omaha World-Herald said that several additional tornadoes were also spotted in the region Tuesday evening.
Radar showed tornado-producing thunderstorms over the small Nebraska towns Tuesday evening.