1. McCain: “I’m not here to go through the dictionary. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it’s a duck.”
2. Graham: “I don’t know how the Arab Spring has affected Egypt, but it certainly has affected the United States.”
3. Graham: “Violence will kill, literally and figuratively, the future of Egypt. Four hundred maybe have died, who knows? If 400 more die, it’s going to be very difficult to put this country back on track.”
4. An Al Jazeera reporter said that Gen. Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, Egypt’s defense minister, said he’d explained to Graham and McCain that what happened in Egypt was not a coup and that the senators had agreed to relay that information to Congress.
What the senators said at the press conference appeared to be in direct contradiction to al-Sisi’s reported account of his talks with them.
- Rallies for climate change action are taking place around the world ahead of the United Nations climate talks in Paris. ›
- Planned Parenthood officials said they believed Friday's shooting at a Colorado Springs clinic was motivated by opposition to abortion. ›
- And watch a man react to the modern world after spending 44 years in prison. ›